After seeing a tweet from Jeff Schertz about UCS 5.0.0 being available, I figured it was a good time to give it a try.
The following are the steps I used to install UCS 5.0.0 on a VVX 600 and pair using Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) with Lync 2013 client on Windows 8. Note: VVX 600 was previously configured to register to Lync 2013 Server via Edge with my user account.
Jeff Schertz has a great blog talking about updated firmware on Polycom phones: http://blog.schertz.name/2012/10/updating-polycom-sip-phone/
- Found the device IP from the phone: “Home” button, “Settings”, “Status”, “Network”, “TCP/IP Paramerters”, “IP: X.X.X.X”
- Accessed the Web Administration page using a web browser: https://X.X.X.X
- Login as Admin using default password “456”
- Backed up phone
- Software Upgrade – Polycom Hosted Server
- Software Upgrade – Custom Server
- Go to the VVX download page: http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/business_media_phones/vvx600.html
- Download the UC Software 5.0.0 [Split] and the BToE Connector application
- File Info:
- Polycom_UC_Software_5_0_0_release_sig_split.zip is ~440MB
- Polycom_BToE_connector_PC_application.zip is 2MB
- Unzip UCS 5.0.0 and upload to a web server
- Created ucx.xml and placed in the web server directory with the firmware files.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <PHONE_IMAGES> <REVISION ID=""> <PHONE_IMAGE> <VERSION>188.8.131.5274</VERSION> <PATH>http://webserver.com/polycom/</PATH> </PHONE_IMAGE> </REVISION> </PHONE_IMAGES>
- Check for Updates and Install using Custom Server
- Device reboots and installs firmware
- Install BToE Application
- Enable Pairing from device: “Home” button, “Settings”, “Features”, “BToE”, BToE (Disabled), Select “Enabled”, “Back” button, “BToE Pairing Status” , press “Pair”. Message – “Successfully Paired”
- Lync Status Menu via Web Admin page Update: 9/7/2013